Part of the enrolling process is to connect the Chromebook to Wi-Fi. We have found that selecting an SSID through the list of available Wi-Fi Networks will give inconsistent results. On the Go-Box, all of our pre-loaded templates are curated to connect the Chromebooks to your Wi-Fi network via the “Join Wi-Fi Network” screen. This allows the Go-Box to type out your SSID to ensure that the Chromebook connects to the correct network every time. Here is a snapshot of the commands used in one of our templates:
The steps below are visuals of what is going on in the Chromebook when this template is running
- The Chromebook begins at the Welcome screen after booting up.
- The shortcut ALT+Shift+s is used to bring up the side menu.
- By using the Tab button to navigate, the “Not Connected” section under the Wi-Fi symbol is selected:
- Rather than selecting one of the networks in the list, the Add Wi-Fi symbol is chosen in order to manually join a network:
– This will ensure that the Chromebook always connects to the correct Wi-Fi network every time. Go-Box will type out your SSID as provided within the active credential file.
- Hit Tab
- Select your security type (PSK WPA)
- Go-Box will then enter your Wi-Fi Password as supplied in the active credential file
- Hit Enter
- You will know that you are connected once you see the Wi-Fi signal turn dark
From here, our Go-Box templates then navigate to through the welcome screen and into the Terms and Conditions screen.
For assistance with Wi-Fi connections and any other Go-Box related tasks, please see our other knowledge base articles or contact our support team.